|Carrying around too much stress? Need to be pampered?
Sounds like you need a massage!
As part of our ongoing efforts to be more holistic we are now proud to offer Massage at our studios here in Arlington, VA. Our facilities are conveniently located across the street from Alexandria, VA
Massage can be one of the most therapeutic modalities you can do for your body. Massage not only helps you relax, but regular massage can also help you re-align and rejuvenate tired and tense tissue. Whether on an occasional or ongoing basis there are many positive aspects to massage therapy.
Some of the Benefits of Massage Therapy Include:
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress and tension
- Helps free restricted tissues and increases range of motion in joints, tendons, and muscles
- Aids in releasing metabolic wastes from the tissues
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph
- Helps to prevent injury
- Decreases recovery time after competition or workout
- Improves immune function by stimulating the lymphatic system
- Helps post-operative recovery
Why Get Massages With Us?
- Two of our massage therapists are also Certified Personal Trainers and the other has more specialties than you can shake a stick at.
- Our massage therapists have worked with hundreds of clients. More important than a number of years someone has worked are the number of people they have worked on to hone their skills.
- Our massage therapists are passionate about massage because they have seen the tremendous benefit of it in their own lives as a modality that helped them keep their active lifestyles.
- Our massage therapists have a special gift of touch. Some people just have an innate sense for how much pressure to apply and how to adjust to the needs of the individual. We are fortunate to say ours have that gift.
- We use non-toxic lotions and oils (that score a 0 on the EWG's Skin Deep database!) Just ask and we'll be happy to show you what we use.
How Often Should I Get A Massage?
At least once a month is a good start.
Every other week is better.
If you have the means, once a week is best.
What can I expect on my first visit?
During the first visit your massage therapist will take some time getting to know you and any specific areas of your body you would like worked on. (Don't worry this won't cut into your massage time at all. Whew!) During the massage he/she will ask you about the kind of pressure you are looking for as well as give you feedback on what they are finding to be areas of your body that need more work than others. At the end he/she will answer any questions you have and, if desired, discuss follow-up care and other holistic measures you can take that will make the benefits of your massage as long as possible.
Get to Know Our Massage Therapists
Dave has been involved in the fitness industry now for approximately 5 years, experiencing his own transformation in 2008 going from 255 pounds at 16% body fat to 205 at 5% body fat. Dave knows what it takes to transform not only your body but your mind as well. He worked for the United States Secret Service for 3+ years, going through some of the most intense of training while training for their SWAT team. He has been a Certified Personal Trainer with ISSA for 3 years and also became a licensed massage therapist through the National Massage Therapy Institute in Falls Church, VA. View credentials
A long time health care professional nationally licensed and certified in the field of massage therapy. Jai Dee has an extensive background in the academic and practical aspects of anatomy, physiology, massage and bodywork. Enjoys horseback riding, photography, hiking, continuing education, and traveling. Hopes to learn the art of fly fishing within the coming years.View credentials
Massage Types & Pricing
A basic full body massage that incorporates Swedish techniques to help relax the body and mind. Swedish massage relieves muscle soreness, and will help promote circulation, relaxation, stress reduction and general wellbeing. Special attention is paid to any areas of discomfort that may be of issue.
|Deep Tissue/Sports Performance|
Releases the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the grain of muscles, tendons, and fascia.
Improves circulation, reduces stress and fatigue, body aches, and helps to promote relaxation. Geared for women in their second and third trimesters, we ask that you speak with your health care provider before your first prenatal massage.
A combination of therapeutic massage and Thai stretching. Performed on the table using cream and moderate pressure. Addresses general neck and back disorders.
|Thai/Table Thai Massage|
Incorporates a traditional combination of point pressure, energy meridian work, and yoga-like stretching for an invigorating and balancing experience. No lotion is used and the client can remain fully dressed.
Deep tissue barefoot massage performed by one foot that kneads all the muscles. Similar to neuromuscular massage using your feet instead of your hands. No lotion is used and the client can remain fully dressed.
|Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy|
The root word 'ashi' means foot and 'atsu' means pressure, so together they symbolize 'foot pressure' in a technique that delivers a consistent, deep, luxurious massage. Correct application provides deep relaxation and stimulates the lymphatic system of the body. Performed on a mat using cream and deep foot pressure.
Involves the application of manual pressure to specific points or areas of the feet, hands, and ears known as "reflex points" that are believed to correspond to other parts of the body. Helps to releave stress and prevent/treat physical disorders.
|Couples Instruction Swedish Massage|
Couples receive hands on training. While one partner lies on the table the other partner:
Partners switch places and repeat.
- Learns some of the basic strokes of Swedish massage
- How to apply the cream and the right amount of pressure
- Develops a simple routine and gives partner a massage
|Hot Stone Massage|
Stones of all shapes and sizes and varying temperatures are used to elicit physical healing, mental relaxation, and a spiritual connection to earth energy. Warm stones encourage the exchange of blood and lymph and provide soothing heat for deep tissue work.
|60 minute (20-30 stones)||$95|
|Add-on (10 stones)||$25|
|Infant Massage Classes|
Infants 4 wks to crawling and Parents/Grandparents
- Learn how to give basic Swedish massage strokes to relax and bond with your baby
- Please bring extra baby blanket
- Parents dress comfortably classes are taught while sitting on mats on the floor
Purchase in advance: Any type/length of massage.
|3 massages||Receive $5 off each|
|6 massages||Receive $10 off each|
|9 massages||Receive $15 off each||